Spanish for missionaries is a program tailored to missionaries and the specific areas of the Spanish language.
Our main goal is to introduce very specific topics and terminology that revolve around missionary practice for missionaries to be able to communicate fluidly and reach the desired level of fluency.
In this program, students will not only become acquainted with key terminology of the Spanish language, but with the culture as well.
Through the 4 basic integrated skills of language learning, our students will achieve proficiency in:
- Oral fluency
Spanish for missionaries also focuses on the following social, practical, travel & safety and ministry areas of the language:
- Meeting people
- Social basics
- Telling time
- The calendar
- General communication
- Construction terms
- House/housing materials
- Household items
- Food (types)
- Eating out
- Travel & transportation (types, locations, etc.)
- Emergencies & emergency numbers
- Medical information
- Ministry music
- The bible
- Inviting people to a meeting/to mass
- Working with young people/working with adults
- Salvation Scriptures
- The Sinner’s Prayer (la Oración del Pecador), morning, afternoon, evening prayers
- Promises from God
- General language
- Accents and accent reduction
- The alphabet, phonetics & spelling
- Verb conjugation rules
- Sentence structure, building simple sentences
- Spanish <> English glossary
- Step by step on (day 1 to day 7) of missions/ what to expect
In addition to the aforementioned areas, we integrate grammar, vocabulary, and interactive games to reinforce the 4 integrated
skills of language learning.
Aside from the 4 integrated skills of language learning, our program focuses on:
1. Effective writing and Reading skills
2. Strong listening and speaking skills
3. Religious vocabulary building
4. Proper pronunciation of the Spanish language in daily conversations preaching, liturgical presiding and pastoral and missionary
5. Multicultural awareness and assimilation
6. Conversation norms
7. Reading and writing for Specific and Professional Purposes (How to write and deliver a sermon effectively)
8. Building cultural competence
11. Accent Modification Program
12. Preparation for the AP Spanish Language & Culture Exam
1. Practice oral fluency and pronunciation through real-case scenario dialogue
2. Video clips, brief video biographies focused on listening skills
3. Role play – ie. practice a real-life confession
4. Computer exercises & other interactive activities
5. Presentations and sermon preparation assistance
6. Cultural knowledge
No prior knowledge of the Spanish language is necessary.
Overview of the Spanish program curriculum:
1. Personal classes (one-on-one)
2. Small group classes (2-5 students)
3. Larger groups (6-8 students)
4. Face-to-face classes (we come to you)
5. Online (Skype or WebEx)
6. Blended approach learning - it combines online digital media with traditional classroom methods. It requires the physical
presence of both teacher and student, with some elements of student control over time, place, path, or pace. It is more cost and
*** Our Skype students will be provided with materials elaborated by Lingua Professional Services, and activities to rapidly
improve their Spanish fluency. They will improve their vocabulary skills in general and specific areas guided by expert native
What makes Lingua Professional Services more competitive for Spanish for the clergy and Spanish for missionaries.
1. All our teachers are native Speakers of the Spanish language and they have broad expertise in teaching Spanish for a Specific
Purpose (16+ years).
2. We provide Personal classes (one-on-one).
3. Small group classes (2-5 students), larger groups (6-8 students).
4. Face-to-face classes (we come to you).
5. Online (Skype or WebEx) – You can avoid the tedious traffic commuting.
6 We also offer Blended approach learning - it combines online digital media with traditional classroom methods. It requires the
physical presence of both teacher and student, with some elements of student control over time, place, path, or pace. It is more
cost and time effective.
7. Classes are available at a flexible schedule 6 days a week.
8. No extra registration fee
9. Our material is developed and tailored according to your need.